On March 1st, 2010, my friend Walter and I set off on an adventure with my Arabian horse, Sojourner. I rode Soj across America and Walter drove our little truck (with no trailer). The trip began in Los Angeles, California and successfully ended in Bath, New Hampshire 8 months and 14 days later. It was a 3,700 mile ride.

We rode in celebration of family and as an outreach to those dealing with divorce-related depression.

This ride tells a tale of love in many forms - through the people we meet along the way, our connection with the horse, with the land, and with each other.

As this blog goes on it gets more and more in depth with tons of photos and experiences. Snuggle in with a cup of tea and read this like a book. I have switched the blog around so it reads start to finish so you don't have to read backward (except the first entry).

Here is our story...

So much to tell, so little time!

6/12/10

Walter and I have come across such wonderful people and stories, but I am going to have to wait for a day off from riding and just dedicate the day to the blog. We don't have any of the pictures edited yet and it will take me a long time to write the next one....

Soon though.

We rode 33 miles today. At times it was so hot, but for the most part it wasn't all that bad. The sun stayed behind clouds most of the day and there was a breeze so it was light years better than it has been.

I am pretty worn out. We have been in serious heat and sleep has been limited since we left Plainview.

I think we ride 24 miles tomorrow and then have the next day off though (I think-I have to ask Walter) so we can hopefully work on some pictures and I can write a bit then...

1 comment:

  1. So, here it is a week later than your 6/12 post and I am reading it now,first, before I read any of your newer posts. You mention heat. I imagine the heat has to be a greater factor in your ride as you proceed eastward. Heat will be with you now. It has been hot here in northern New England so i can only gues how hot it must be south of here. You know what to do...

    ReplyDelete