On March 1st, 2010, my friend Walter and I set off on an adventure with my Arabian horse, Sojourner. I rode Soj across America and Walter drove our little truck (with no trailer). The trip began in Los Angeles, California and successfully ended in Bath, New Hampshire 8 months and 14 days later. It was a 3,700 mile ride.

We rode in celebration of family and as an outreach to those dealing with divorce-related depression.

This ride tells a tale of love in many forms - through the people we meet along the way, our connection with the horse, with the land, and with each other.

As this blog goes on it gets more and more in depth with tons of photos and experiences. Snuggle in with a cup of tea and read this like a book. I have switched the blog around so it reads start to finish so you don't have to read backward (except the first entry).

Here is our story...

Leather shop OPEN!

3/17/2010

So, this guy named Jordan rolled up in a massive orange ambulance with a fully equipped leather shop so I am BACK IN BUSINESS! Orders will take me a little longer to complete, but I need to keep working while I'm riding so here are some pictures of what I've done in the past. If you are on facebook, that's where I have most of my pictures. Now...my packaging isn't going to be as fancy as it is when I'm working from my shop at home, but the leather work will be the same! It's just comin' to ya nice 'n' simple...cowgirl style-from the saddle. :) Every thing is custom ordered and made from the finest latigo leather. Email me so we can talk about design ideas...



Falcon cuff



leather cuff



Birch Tree Guitar Strap



African Print guitar straps




Bird with cool old stone guitar strap



Phoenix rising Guitar strap



My personal guitar strap-this is me as a baby and my grandfather in magnolias




Bicycle belt




Cuff with vintage bird piece




"Luna" guitar strap



Birch tree guitar strap



Sun ray belt


Sun ray belt




Golden Gate Bridge Strap




Hawk in the roots of a tree guitar strap



Custom Mendocino Purse



Custom Owl purse



purse (front)



Chickadee guitar strap




Guitar strap with burnt in symbol on shoulder



Octopus messenger bag





Octopus messenger bag




Octopus messenger bag

No comments:

Post a Comment