On March 1st, 2010, my friend Walter and I set off on an adventure with my Arabian horse, Sojourner. I rode Soj across America and Walter drove our little truck (with no trailer). The trip began in Los Angeles, California and successfully ended in Bath, New Hampshire 8 months and 14 days later. It was a 3,700 mile ride.

We rode in celebration of family and as an outreach to those dealing with divorce-related depression.

This ride tells a tale of love in many forms - through the people we meet along the way, our connection with the horse, with the land, and with each other.

As this blog goes on it gets more and more in depth with tons of photos and experiences. Snuggle in with a cup of tea and read this like a book. I have switched the blog around so it reads start to finish so you don't have to read backward (except the first entry).

Here is our story...

sister, sister, where art thou???

2/18/10

I had to say bye to Cait for a while today. We have not spent a day apart for over 2 years and this is NOT FUN!! I miss her. She left a few hours ago with Sim. They are headed East. Cait is going to start an internship on a farm in April. My mom and I are talking about the land we need to buy so we can all live in our little houses on the same big chunk of land...with all of our animals running around everywhere. I can't be without that little, sweet girl. I miss her. Now I have to say bye to my mom and Stephen in a week. :(
Stephen has the CHP checking up on me and Soj in the desert so that's cool. I am about to buy a harmonica holder thing so I can play as I ride....
I need to go give Sojourner some grain now....

2 comments:

  1. I tried to convince your mom about the Earthship idea... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The earth ship idea?? She didn't tell me about it! I want to be on an earthship with you!

    ReplyDelete