On March 1st, 2010, my friend Walter and I set off on an adventure with my Arabian horse, Sojourner. I rode Soj across America and Walter drove our little truck (with no trailer). The trip began in Los Angeles, California and successfully ended in Bath, New Hampshire 8 months and 14 days later. It was a 3,700 mile ride.

We rode in celebration of family and as an outreach to those dealing with divorce-related depression.

This ride tells a tale of love in many forms - through the people we meet along the way, our connection with the horse, with the land, and with each other.

As this blog goes on it gets more and more in depth with tons of photos and experiences. Snuggle in with a cup of tea and read this like a book. I have switched the blog around so it reads start to finish so you don't have to read backward (except the first entry).

Here is our story...

2 months to go....

12/26/09

So we have two months left until we head out and I am ready to go! One of my closest friend's, Walter, is going to follow Soj and I in the PT Cruise ship (you know, that car with the mile wide turning radius). This helps a lot. This way I don't have to load Soj up too heavily and we will always have food and water.
I bought this amazing saddle that is as light as a feather but I probably could have found something a little more practical. Thankfully I work with leather so I can doctor it up a bit, but it doesn't even have D rings. I already bought some to put on it though.

Soj and I are going to start practicing a lot. There are some hills I can ride up in to and stay with him for a night or two....

Cait and I are in the recording studio in early January as well so we will have some new tunes out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment